Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

First week volunteering in Vava'u

When I flew over Vava'u on Monday afternoon I realised what a special place it really is.  I'm so excited to be here for the next 12 months, working with VEPA to help protect Vava'u environment.

Over the last couple of days I have met most of the VEPA board members and come to learn the great things they have achieved with little funding and resources.  It shows what a team of passionate environmentalists can do!

Over the next two weeks I will be helping the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change (MECC) plan for World Environment Week (1-8 June).  It is a great opportunity to meet the school principles,  local business owners and community organisations.  MECC have a great week planned, which i'll update you on over the next couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment